OUR PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
Emergency Disaster response, natural or man-made like refugees.
Under this project Here Is Life deals with the refugees and the host communities in zones 2,3 and 4 through Trauma Healing and Peace building and Construction of PSN house hold latrines and shelter for people with special needs and Education Infrastructure Enhancement.
Here Is Life encourages and includes the Host communities to work hand in hand with the refugees for a better development.
TRAUMA HEALING AND PEACE BUILDING
- This is a response to the traumatized refugees who are psychologically affected by acts done to them or to their relatives during the war in south Sudan and even in the settlement. behaviors such as drunkenness, violence, isolation from people, drugs and sustenance abuse, prostitution, hopelessness, depression, attempts of suicide etc were very common among the refugees where Here Is Life is carrying out activities of WASH. HIL designed a response to help the traumatized to have hope and future through trauma healing and peace building using the biblical approach.
- Here is Life is working in 3 zones in Bidibbidi refugee settlement and in these zones 2,3 and 4 has trained 160 refugee leaders, 160 ToT’s and formed 80 groups of 30 people in a group in each village 1 group. The TOT’s train the group members to build peace, identify and counsel the traumatized and refer extreme cases for specialized services.
WATER SANITATION AND HYGIENE
- Here Is Life started responding in from 2016 to 2017 HIL constructed 771 communal latrines which
benefited 2685 South Sudanese refugees in Bidi bidi, and conducted hygiene promotion during the emergency.
- From the year 2017 to 2019 in post emergency 1323 PSN house hold latrines benefiting 5292 beneficiaries have been constructed.
EDUCATION INFRASTRUCTURE ENHANCEMENT
This is Partnership Between Here is Life and Save the Children International
- Here Is Life has been involved in education especially providing skills through
vocational trainings sporting children in school and supporting government teachers in Yumbe district to develop materials for thematic curriculum for lower primary school children. In the refugee response HIL has been able to partner with Save the Children International to enhance Education Infrastructure among the South Sudanese refugees and the host communities, The success of this project has been through the partnership
between Here is Life and Save the children International with funding from Germany
Corporation Bank commonly known as KFW.
- Activities under this project are; formation of children clubs in schools, Parent Peer
support Groups, Community Action Cycle (CAC) , ToT’s training for CAC.
The stake holders involved are Parent Teachers Association (PTA’s ), School Management Committee (SMC’s ), Local Councils (LC’s) in host communities and Refugee Welfare Council (RWC’s) among refugees.
- All these activities are carried at the schools and the community to monitor the learning of children and the community programs at schools to encourage children and stake holders to own the schools and take responsibilities.
Community empowerment for socio economic development;
These programs includes; CCMP Church Community Moblisation Program, Truth Centered transformation, Radio Broadcasting
Children ministry and Skills development for Livelihood.
CCMP CHURCH COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION PROGRAM
- This a process where by the church members are envisioned using the Bible in three (3) stages
1. Foundational Bible studies 2. Resource mobilization Bible studies and 3. Relationship building.
The trainings help the church to understand her Biblical mandate to be salt and and light in her immediate community, identify her God given resources, develop a vision and build relationships to achieve her Biblical mandate.
TRUTH CENTERED TRANSFORMATION (TCT)
- Introduction: Lulu tree is a Christian Organisation working with Refugees in
Adjumani Settlements in supporting Churches, Children, Mothers through Saving and loans.
- Back ground: Truth Centered Transformation was organised by Lulu tree Uganda in partnership with Here Is Life, World Renew and Reconciled world.
- While Here Is Life entered in partnership with Lulu Tree Uganda to train Churches in Pagirinya, Adjumani District. Here Is Life supported to train the churches in area of’; Program Overview, Core principles, the results, Key Practices among others and Module 1 (Wholistic Ministry).
- The overall is to see
- God glorified.
- Churches strengthened and growing in number.
- Communities move out of poverty.
RADIO BROADCASTING ON FM 100.9 RADIO VOICE OF LIFE
1997 November 28th Here Is Life opened the first Christian radio station as the first radio station in Arua district by the help, support and funding from DIGUNA team a Christian organisation from Germany. Radio Voice Of Life has educated the communities in west nile for 21 years now through the radio still continues to educate and sensitize the communities under community empowerement for socio economic development project across westnile and beyond and region to the two borders ot the two neigbouring countries; South Sudan and Democratic Republic of Congo.
Here Is Life reaches the children in Aringa through the churches under Aringa Archdeaconry by training Sunday school teachers and children workers and strengthening the children activities by following closely and funding the activities which include recruiting and training teachers, Bible study, study tour, outreach ministry, Children’s Camp, Children’s mission week, Bible class, Music dance and drama Games and sports, children’s praise Rally and gospel
Here is Life started Children Ministry in 2012. St. Paul’s’ Pilgrim Church of Uganda has been used as the pilot Church. Through the support from Here Is Life Children ministry activities have been extended to 16 more Churches with 75 trained active teachers and a total of over 3,350 children from the 16 active Churches have been enrolled in children ministry.
SKILL DEVELOPMENT FOR LIVELIHOOD AND ADVOCACY
This is a project in Evangelical School of Technology Aringa ESTA, currently the school is engaging in agricultural activities like animal keeping and crop production